How to be more polite in English?

HOW TO BE MORE POLITE IN ENGLISH?


      Formal language is less personal than informal language. It is used when writing for professional or academic purposes like university assignments. Formal language does not use colloqualisms, contractions or first person pronouns such as ‘i’ or ‘ we’ .. the tone of informal language is more personal than formal language. Let learn how to be more polite while talking in english:




A.  Instead of can use ‘would / could’
Example :
1. Could you do me a favor?
2. Would you like to play badminton with me?
3. Would you help me?
4. Could you wait for me, please?
B.  by any chance
example:
1. by any chance, could you give me a ride home from work today?
2. I’m sorry to trouble you, but i wondered if by any chance you know where he is
3. Could you by any chance giving me a lift home?
C.  If you don’t mind
Example :
1. How old are you, if you don’t mind me asking?
2. Are you merried, if you don’t mind me asking?
3. I’d like to ask you a few questions, if you don’t mind?
4. If you don’t mind, would you help put the dishes in the dishwaher?
D.  I’d appreciate
Example :
1. I’d appreciate it if you could call me tonight
2. I’d appreciate some feedback on my work
3. I’d appreciate it if we could reschedule our Wednesday plan

1.        Your work isn’t good

2.       Send me the report
3.       I hate this song
4.       I want a cake
5. Tell me when you are available
6.  Give me you number phone

7.       You are wrong
8.       That’s a bad idea

·         I am not quite satisfied with this work
·         Could you send me the report?
·         I am not very fond of this song
·         I would like to have a cake
·         Let me know when you are available
·         Do you mind if i take your number phone
·         I think you are mistaken
·         I am not sure that’s a good idea


FORMAL
INFOMAL
1.        As soon as you can
2.       Worried about you
3.       Nice to meet you
4.       What’s up?
5.       Heard from him lately?
6.       lately?I think...
7.       Because
8.       Thanks a lot!
9.    Don’t forget
·         at your earliest convenience
·         concerned about you
·         it is a pleasure to meet you
·         How do you do?
·         Have you heard from him
·         it is my opinions that..
·         in light of the fact that
·         I appreciate your assistance!
·         i would like to remind you that


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Video Lesson tentang simple Future Tense

Increase your speaking skill